What is the vision of Mahindra TERI CoE?The CoE’s vision is to provide a coherent database for market-ready, scalable and viable materials and technologies. It would also develop an effective dissemination strategy for energy efficient envelope design and water use for sustainable habitats. The thrust on a systems approach will be aided by research areas that include the use of state-of-the-art methods and tools for performance evaluation.
What impact CoE will create on the Real Estate Industry?The CoE will help mainstream sustainable housing by offering wide range of materials, with a database of their thermal properties. It will help build a strong business case to build green, strengthen the supply chain, and expand the demand by making consumers aware.
The CoE will also prepare policy briefs for Central/ and State ministries to push the agenda of developing green and transform the housing industry by 2022.
What are the CoE’s research levers?
The research activities consist of:
- Standardization & Measurement of Building Materials
- Building Envelope studies
- Comfort studies
- Performance Standards, Matrices, Guidelines & Toolkits
What will be the outcomes of the CoE’s research?As the research activities are focused on Building Materials, Building Envelope studies, Comfort studies, Sustainable water use in habitats; the outcomes are in the form of:
- Policy briefs for State and Central Ministries
- Design Guidelines for Developers considering the codes and bye-laws
- Database will be made available as a tool on the CoE website.
- Plugin for simulation software