Mahindra-TERI Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Habitats
The research program consists of five major activities:
- Standardization and measurement of building materials: aimed at measurement and creation of a database of thermo-physical properties, and reflectivity of paints and tiles, of opaque walling and roofing materials.
- Building envelope studies: Assessment of impact of opaque walling and roofing materials on the cooling load of a space, in lab conditions. Some materials will be selected for testing in field conditions.
- Comfort studies: Under thermal comfort studies the impact of walling and roofing materials, thermal mass and reflective technologies on the mean radiant temperature (MRT) inside the space, transient thermal behaviour of both the materials and space etc. will be studied.
- Development of performance standard matrices, guidelines and numerical toolkits:
Performance standards and matrices for integrated envelope analysis, visual comfort and daylight analysis;
- Design guidelines for selected building materials based on wall assembly insulation, roof insulation, thermal mass, reflective properties, construction techniques for different climates and building types, site specific auditing, occupant behaviour model etc.;
- Numerical toolkits for selection and performance evaluation of high impact envelope materials and technology.
- Numerical toolkits and material database formed from the outcomes of the research work performed under the Mahindra TERI Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Habitats shall be made available in the public domain and will be disseminated amongst relevant stakeholders according to a dissemination plan agreed upon by Parties, viz. MLDL and TERI.
The Mahindra-TERI Centre of Excellence is located at TERI Gram, Gual Pahari, Gurugram Faridabad Road, Gurugram, Haryana
About The Energy and Resources Institute
The Energy and Resources Institute is an independent, not-for-profit research institute focused on energy, environment and sustainable development and devoted to efficient and sustainable use of natural resources. Since its inception in 1974, TERI has emerged as an institution of excellence for its path-breaking research, and is a global brand widely respected by political leaders, policy makers, corporate entities as well as the civil society at large.
About Mahindra Lifespace Developers Ltd
Established in 1994, Mahindra Lifespace Developers Ltd. is the real estate and infrastructure development business of the USD 20.7 billion Mahindra Group, and a pioneer of sustainable urbanisation in India. The Company is committed to transforming India’s urban landscape through its residential developments under the ‘Mahindra Lifespaces’ and ‘Happinest’ brands; and through its integrated cities and industrial clusters under the ‘Mahindra World City’ and ‘Origins by Mahindra World City’ brands.
Mahindra Lifespaces is driven by its credo of ‘Sell genuinely, Build responsibly, Deliver on time’ to develop innovative, customer-focused solutions that are rooted in a legacy of trust and transparency. The Company’s development footprint spans 25.3 million sq. ft. (2.3 million sq. m.) of completed, ongoing and forthcoming residential projects across seven Indian cities; and over 5000 acres of ongoing and forthcoming projects under development/management at its integrated developments / industrial clusters across four locations.
A pioneer of the green homes movement, Mahindra Lifespaces is one of the first real estate companies in India to have committed to the global Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi). The Company’s developments are characterised by thoughtful design and a welcoming environment that enhance overall quality of life for both individuals and industries.
Mahindra Lifespaces has been ranked 17th among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces 2019, by the Great Place To Work Institute.